How to Spot Fake Gucci Dog Tags
- 1). Look at the retail price. Authentic Gucci dog tags retail for around $300, as of 2010. If the dog tag is well below that price, then it is probably a fake.
- 2). Look for a controllato card. Real Gucci dog tags come with a card that verifies their authenticity. There should be a 10 digit number on the card. If the 10 digit number is "1234567890" then the dog tag is probably a fake.
- 3). Check the "R" on the dog tag. There is a small "R" in a circle above the Gucci logo on the back of the tags. On authentic tags, the "R" does not touch the circle at any point. If the "R" touches the circle, you are probably looking at a fake dog tag.
- 4). Look for the double "G" symbol on the connector chains. If it is missing or appears as a small black mark, the dog tags are fakes.
- 5). Examine the scratch-proof film on the tags. Authentic Gucci dog tags will have a protective film that has a slight blue color. Fakes often have no film or a film that is clear.